Monday, October 1, 2012

Well hello

Greetings, and well met. 

My name is Cheyenne, and though I very much dislike my name, I would hate to write under any other. 

I am brand new to this whole "Blogging" thing, and just for clarification, I am not old, merely new to blogging. I have been considering it for awhile, though, and so here I am. 

I was not sure, at first, what to blog about. On the recommendation of S.M. Boyce, I have decided I will do book reviews. But, as I am lackadaisical by some definitions, I may meander through topics. 

I will not stay to one topic, such as book reviews, but will also post about writing, editing (when I reach that point), movies, politics, characters, plot, coffee, caffeine, other blogs, and whateverelseImaythinktoadd. 

This post is seeming a bit short at this point, and since I have managed to make it this far, it would be pointless to stop. So, a little bit about me, you ask? Well, there is not much to tell. 

I am just out of high school, living on my own (which in this day is a feat on its own), working nights, writing when the mood strikes me and sometimes when it doesn't, fighting with the characters in my head and the boyfriend (on occasion), not getting out of the house as much as I probably should, shying from the light of day (as I'd much rather sit under false light than the glaring sun, as many authors are wont to do), battling writers block and chronic laziness, training my kittens and my boyfriend, and trying to maintain my sanity on a daily basis. 

I believe I have failed on that last point, but you may be the judges of that.

How long have I been writing, you ask? (Well, you didn't, but I would want to know)

Well, I normally say about ten years, or since I could, but the truth is, I'm not sure. Obviously I've been writing since I began the great public school system of the United States. But writing fiction? My current Work in Progress, Mortality, which you will hear much more about, I recall having in mind eight years ago. I have been very spotty in my writing, and have a hard time with anything that isn't perfect, so it has remained unfinished. 

However, I reached the hundred page mark about a week ago, and have stopped worrying about perfection long ago, now I fight writer's block and the shiny internet on a daily basis. I hope to finish it before the year is up. Perhaps in a month so that I may participate in NaNoWriMo. I don't think that very likely, though I may do it if I put my mind to it. I don't plan on starting anything else until I finish it, though. 

Well, I can't think of anything else to go on about that you may even remotely care to read, oh, but my next post that will hopefully be up in an hour or so will be a review of the book Lichgates by the aforementioned S.M. Boyce. 

Farewell and fair travels, 

Cheyenne

2 comments:

  1. *waves* Yay, you're starting a blog!! :) You are AWESOME. :D I look forward to all the posts (especially because it sounds like I'll be into everything you post about, woooo!) *sends over a basket of celebration cupcakes* xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *WAVES*
      I really like you, brionyjae. I really do.
      I am so glad you'll be following and you will forever be my number one reader. I am sure.

      *offers celebration tea to accompany celebration cupcakes* Would you partake in this drink in celebration of being my first comment-er?

      Delete