Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop

Hello guys!

So it's time for another Blog Hop!

This time my buddy Nerine Luna Cyran invited me to this!

Yeah, I'm using a lot of exclamation points, what of it?

Anyway! This one is titled The Next Big Thing and there are ten questions about your current WIP which in this case, is my NaNoWriMo novel. So. Here we go!


Ten Interview Questions for The Next Big Thing:


1. What is the working title of your book?
Actually... it's current title is NaNo Restart '12. I don't have a title. It will be titled hopefully around when I finish. I think I'll need help. If I don't have a title at the beginning, I'm never happy with titles I come up with, I bug friends and family to read it and tell me what to call it. 
2. Where did the idea come from for the book?

The characters. No joke. I started the novel on November 8th I think, and I started with a Faerie in a cage. That lead to the question how does she get out of the cage, which gave me the half-elf who became the ACTUAL main character, and from that his past and current actions have lead to the story. 

3. What genre does your book fall under?

Fantasy? MAYBE Teen Fiction, since the MC is around eighteen? I don't know. 

4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

Gah! Don't ask me that! A couple of the characters are like... 5-6 inches tall, one is a creature I CREATED off the top of my head as I was writing, and the other is a half elf. (I must say Orlando Bloom makes a SMEXY elf, but I don't think he'd be good for this role. He could probably play one of the side characters, who becomes like a father to my MC, though.) 

5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

Gyah. Uhm. Lemme think. 

A lifetime of being ostracized everywhere he goes has left their mark on the Half Elf Aoduain, and he is bound and determined to find a crown that has been missing for centuries in order to be accepted in Elven society. 

*shakes head* That barely scratches the surface. 

6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

The better question is will it be published? 

It honestly depends upon the final product. If I like it enough to tidy it up and edit it, then I think... I don't know. I may self-publish this one, but my next novel, which my readers have heard much about, Mortality, I will seek out an agency to do it traditionally.

7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Dude's... I'm still writing it. 

I'll hit 50k words by November 30th, but it won't be finished probably until at least 75k words, so... It'll probably be finished around mid- to late December.

8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I have no clue.

Maybe Holly Black's Tithe and those books? I recall reading Tithe a couple years ago, but I couldn't tell you if they are similar. 

9. Who or What inspired you to write this book?
NaNoWriMo. As I said, I started part way into NaNoWriMo with a new start. I didn't want to stop at under 10k done for this year. So that has really kicked my butt into gear. Other then that? The characters themselves. As I said above.
10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

Well... it's a story about acceptance, but also finding out who you really are. The MC Aoduain begins weak, always being saved by someone else when things goes wrong, and he has to learn to save himself, that he can't rely on everyone else to always stick their neck out for him. 

Also, a VERY interesting past. Aoduain has been marked in many ways. 


TAG! You're it. 



Gah! I was supposed to have five people to tag. I can't think of any more... OH WAIT!


*checks other blogs* Wait... Murphy and Lor Rose have already been tagged/done it. Darn. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for tagging me :P I have a draft of these quetsions already to post - hoped someone would tag me. Though i use this blog as my writing one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alright! Good to know and I will change that link!

      Yay for your finishing NaNoWriMo ahead of time!

      Delete